Saturday, February 23, 2008

Your Personal Signature Used By The State

IS THE STATE USING AND ABUSING YOUR PERSONAL SIGNATURE AND YOUR DATA UNBEKNOWNST TO YOU?


by Jane Schiff


The title and content of this Public Diary was emailed individually to each of the following officials on Saturday, February 16, 2008: Marc Dann, Attorney General of Ohio, Richard Colianese, Assistant Attorney General , State of Ohio, Jennifer Brunner, Ohio Secretary of State and Richard Cordray, Treasurer, State of Ohio. As of today, Friday, February 22, 2008 I haven't yet received any responses.

::::::::

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My husband and myself obtained new Ohio Drivers' Licenses (although we had current licenses, we had moved precincts) at the BMV on Thursday, January 24, 2008, to avoid having to cast Provisional Ballots. On Friday, January 25, 2008 we updated our voter registration cards in person at The Hamilton County Ohio Board of Elections to avoid having to cast Provisional Ballots. We were given the Acknowledgment Notices with the new precinct information in person at The Hamilton County Ohio Board of Elections. In the past, we had received those types of cards, by mail, despite registering also in times past, in person at The Hamilton County Board of Elections.

Monday, February 11, 2008

A Second Acknowledgement Notice arrived in our mail for my husband with a Barcode on it. I didn't get a Second Acknowledgement Notice. I immediately contacted Ann Strasser (513) 632 - 7036at The Hamilton County Ohio Board of Elections. Ann and I spoke from 5:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Ann said that the BMV AUTO - FILLED the Ohio BMV's voter registration cards but insisted we signed them on January 24, 2008 at the Redbank Road Deputy Registrar's Office at this branch of the Ohio BMV. Ann told me that she would mail copies of those "Voter Registration Cards" that were AUTO - FILLED OUT that again - she insisted that we had signed. Ann examined our data further and determined the following:

My husband and I were serviced by two different persons at the same BOE because we made separate trips on the same day. Ann said that during reconciliation of data, Question #24 was erroneously answered by the typists doing the reconciliation for my husband. In a nutshell, the question is phrased "Send Duplicate Notice?" The typist who was reconciling my husband's data INCORRECTLY typed "YES" IN ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION. Apparently, the person who typed the answer to Question #24 on my data answered the question "Send Duplicate Notice" CORRECTLY by typing "NO." Ann said I won't be getting a second card.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008:

We received these documents from Ann Strasser at The Hamilton County Ohio Board of Elections.

These documents are disturbing. Our signatures and our responses to 2 Voting Inquiry Questions at the top, were used without our knowledge and consent at The Bureau of Motor Vehicles without revealing that one of the purposes was to register us to vote.

1. Are you a U.S. citizen? YES box NO box

2. Will you be at least 18 years of age on or before the next general election?

YES box NO box

"If you answered NO to either of the questions, do not complete this form."

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CITIZEN IS NOT ASKED IF HE/SHE WANTS TO VOTE.

I am also complaining about the accuracy of MY AUTO - FILLED info. The information intended for my previous address appeared as my current address with an erroneous apartment number during the process of WHAT I THOUGHT WAS JUST A DRIVER'S LICENSE RENEWAL AND MERGING OF DATA. I told Maria, the clerk to fix it. She said she would but evidently failed to do so. I expect all of the errors to be corrected.

I'm cognizant of The Real ID Act and all related "bechmarks" requiring the "seamless merging" of The Ohio Secretary of State/The Department of Homeland Security/The Ohio Department of Public Safety/The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

All of you have a responsibility to inform citizens that when they get their Drivers' Licenses renewed, that all of your agencies as I itemized above have gone far afield re: Homeland Security Requirements.

Although I am a Voter Rights activist with The Ohio Election Justice Campaign I feel you have violated all Ohio Citizens' Constitutional Rights NOT TO VOTE IF THEY SO CHOOSE NOT TO VOTE by making people THINK that they are simply renewing Ohio Drivers' Licenses and merging data.

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, but I know some people are. My best guess is that Jehovah's Witnesses expect high levels of Homeland Security like other citizens; but literally sticking license renewal info onto Voter Registration cards with AUTO - FILL and thenUSING SIGNATURES WITHOUT PERMISSION is UNCONSTITUTIONAL for anybody and interferes with the right of Jehovah's Witnesses to practice their faith by remaining apolitical.

Do not permit: THE OFFICE OF THE OHIO SECRETARY OF STATE/THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY/THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY/THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES/THE BOARDS OF ELECTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE CREATION OF PHONY VOTER REGISTRATION CARDS.

Figure out the software issues - don't take it out on We The People.

I don't believe for one minute that HAVA calls for phony voter registration cards with our signatures TAKEN without our knowledge, informed consent and permission.

I await your responses.

Sincerely,

Jane Schiff, Ohio Election Justice Campaign

No comments: