ES&S is in Venezuela (Read the below letter too)
In the 2004 Recount in Delaware County Ohio, the ES&S technician, Sam Hogsett that was allowed and encouraged to run the keyboard for the tabulator computer, load ballots, and call out precinct totals for several hours.... told me something during our lunch break. (I repeatedly read the law to the group, including Chris Betts, a Delaware Prosecutor, and let them know they could not legally do that) Everyone else involved in the recount left the building for lunch, I stayed to watch the Sheriff watch the ballots. Sam stayed also. We talked. I asked where else his company did election work. Canada and Venezuela were both mentioned. Sam said he had not worked in Venezuela, but I later learned that he does work in Michigan also. Many of the places where Sam shows up, things seem to get tinkered with. If he has been in your state, you want to know this, and I want to know also. The address he gave was a PO Box in Crown City, Ohio, which is along the West Virginia boarder.
Director, The Ohio Election Justice Campaign
More on Sam Hogsett... from this website http://www.democratictalkradio.com/wordpress/?p=422 (lots more interesting reading about Sam here).
This is part of a letter I wanted to share with all of you, a letter that Sam wrote, which Richard Hayes Phillips and I found very late one night, while wondering and researching who Sam Hogsett is:
Sam Hogsett is more than an ES&S technician according to Shaffer and
others who investigated him, who have found his letters to the editor
quite alarming. Voting rights activists troubled by Hogsett’s role in
the recount found letters posted under the name Sam Hogsett, Crown City,
at the southeastern Ohio newspaper website www.herald-dispatch.com. One
of the letters begins as follows: “I recently read in this pitifully
left-leaning editorial section that the spineless, thoughtless, moral
less useless left-wing liberal America hater Robert Sheer is
unsuccessfully attempting to use an apples-to-oranges comparison to
wrongfully attack our Second Amendment rights.” Hogsett goes on to
write: “… He [Sheer] believes that if I were to take a Smith and
Wesson and blast his little pea brain to bits, that his family should be
able to sue the manufacturer and the gun dealer who sold it to me.”
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Green
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 7:22 PM
Subject: [ei] CIA Operation "Pliers" Uncovered in Venezuela
http://www.globalresearch.ca/PrintArticle.php?articleId=7475 Eva Golander writes:
An internal CIA memorandum has been obtained by Venezuelan counterintelligence from the US Embassy in Caracas that reveals a very sinister - almost fantastical, were it not true - plan to destabilize Venezuela during the coming days. The plan, titled "OPERATION PLIERS" was authored by CIA Officer Michael Middleton Steere and was addressed to CIA Director General Michael Hayden in Washington. Steere is stationed at the US Embassy in Caracas under the guise of a Regional Affairs Officer. The internal memorandum, dated November 20, 2007, references the "Advances of the Final Stage of Operation Pliers", and confirms that the operation is coordinated by the team of Human Intelligence (HUMINT) in Venezuela. The memo summarizes the different scenarios that the CIA has been working on in Venezuela for the upcoming referendum vote on December 2nd. The Electoral Scenario, as it's phrased, confirms that the voting tendencies will not change substantially before Sunday, December 2nd, and that the SI (YES) vote in favor of the constitutional reform has an advantage of about 10-13 points over the NO vote. The CIA estimates abstention around 60% and states in the memo that this voting tendency is irreversible before the elections.
Officer Steere emphasizes the importance and success of the public relations and propaganda campaign that the CIA has been funding with more than $8 million during the past month - funds that the CIA confirms are transferred through the USAID contracted company, Development Alternatives, Inc., which set up operations in June 2002 to run the USAID Office for Transition Initiatives that funds and advises opposition NGOs and political parties in Venezuela. The CIA memo specifically refers to these propaganda initiatives as "psychological operations" (PSYOPS), that include contracting polling companies to create fraudulent polls that show the NO vote with an advantage over the SI vote, which is false. The CIA also confirms in the memo that it is working with international press agencies to distort the data and information about the referendum, and that it coordinates in Venezuela with a team of journalists and media organized and directed by the President of Globovision, Alberto Federico Ravell.
When Steven Freeman was writing Was the 2004 Election Stolen? I offered what little help I could, far less of which found its way into the final product. Hard facts unearthed by Greg Palast proved malicious intent from Bush & Co. in Florida 2000 to rig the presidential election by hiring CIA-linked Database Technologies on a $4,000,000 contract -- instead of the prior contract of $5,000 which its predecessor had -- in order to scrub minorities from the voting lists, but the book had to smear a lot of Vaseline over the ugly particulars that proved such scheming intent. We may be the victims of electoral fraud, but that doesn't mean that we have to be rude.
At one point, Steven asked whether there were evidence of the CIA attempting to influence foreign elections. I provided many, but I do not think that any made it to print. America wasn't ready for this kind of prime time news.
Eva Golinger, an American attorney, used FOIA documents to learn details of the CIA-backed April 2002 coup against Hugo Chavez that is memorialized in the documentary The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, a movie that ran briefly in the States but no longer has any US distributor. Golinger wrote The Chavez Code: Cracking US intervention in Venezuela (2006). The book details CIA and USG military participation in the coup with the Venezuelan generals it had trained, but especially vast funding of anti-Chavez organizations from unions through newspapers to political parties to destabilize his government, all with the active participation of both the Venezuelan private media and our own CNN:
At 2:15 p.m. [April 11, 2002], the high military command was broadcast on national television, attempting to diffuse rumors of violence that were circulating throughout the country. Earlier that day, in the eastern part of town, ten high-level military officers had summoned CNN correspondent Otto Neustald to a residential location to record a prepared statement for subsequent broadcast. Read by Vice Admiral Hector Ramirez Perez, who was subsequently named Minister of Defense by the Carmona coup government, the testimony deplored the massacre of innocent civilians, announcing that a macabre conspiracy had been implemented by Chavez resulting in the death of six Venezuelans, killed at the hands of government forces. [NOTE: Both the book AND the video documentary prove that the innocent civilians were shot by the coup plotters.] Ramirez Perez called for military insurrection, citing the violence as justification. Neustald had to do two takes of the vice admiral's testimony. It was recorded before any violence had erupted in the opposition of pro-Chavez demonstrations. [NOTE: BBC & CNN announced the collapse of WTC7 20 minutes before it collapsed. The BBC woman announcer is seen against a backdrop of NYC with WTC7 still standing. When someone notices the premature announcement, the woman is pixelled out as though a transmission failure occurred and a switch to another topic occurs. When the error became public 5 years later the networks said that it was an innocent error. I am going from memory that it was BBC and CNN, but these tapes are now well known.]
A few months later, Neustald, participating in a forum entitled "Journalism in Times of Crisis" at the Bicentennial University of Aragua in Venezuela, revealed that:
On the 10th, the night they called me on the telephone and said, Otto, tomorrow the 11th there will be a video of Chavez, the march will go toward the presidential palace, there will be deaths and then 20 military officials of high rank will appear and pronounce themselves against the government of Chavez, and will request his resignation. They told me this on the 10th at night.
Neustald affirmed that at the time of the recording, which specifically cites deaths caused by Chavez forces, no violence had yet appeared. The US media had in effect been in the service of the coup. (pp. 68-69)
I am very thin-skinned and the prospect of being called "our own fring nut case" is too much for my refined sensibilities, so I do wish to state for the record that no such complicity between the media and the covert operations branches of the USG and ruling class ever occurs in the United States, despite there being a classic example of one in my essay,
I wish that Skull and Bones were all that we had to worry about, or even the Illuminati, but it is much more concrete and unmysterious than that. By the way, the Global Research URL outlines the "help for democracy" provided by the CIA and its front office affiliates, all of which is detailed in Golander's book. The GR outline follows:
How is this to be done?
In the memo, the CIA proposes the following tactics and actions:
- Take the streets and protest with violent, disruptive actions across the nation
- Generate a climate of ungovernability
- Provoke a general uprising in a substantial part of the population
- Engage in a "plan to implode" the voting centers on election day by encouraging opposition voters to "VOTE and REMAIN" in their centers to agitate others
- Start to release data during the early hours of the afternoon on Sunday that favor the NO vote (in clear violation of election regulations)
- Coordinate these activities with Ravell & Globovision and international press agencies
- Coordinate with ex-military officers and coupsters Pena Esclusa and Guyon Cellis - this will be done by the Military Attache for Defense and Army at the US Embassy in Caracas, Office of Defense, Attack and Operations (DAO)
To encourage rejection of the results, the CIA proposes:
- Creating an acceptance in the public opinion that the NO vote will win for sure
- Using polling companies contracted by the CIA
- Criticize and discredit the National Elections Council
- Generate a sensation of fraud
- Use a team of experts from the universities that will talk about how the data from the Electoral Registry has been manipulated and will build distrust in the voting system
The CIA memo also talks about:
- Isolating Chavez in the international community
- Trying to achieve unity amongst the opposition
- Seek an aliance between those abstentionists and those who will vote "NO"
- Sustain firmly the propaganda against Chavez
- Execute military actions to support the opposition mobilizations and propagandistic occupations
- Finalize the operative preparations on the US military bases in Curacao and Colombia to provide support to actions in Venezuela
- Control a part of the country during the next 72-120 hours
- Encourage a military rebellion inside the National Guard forces and other components
Those involved in these actions as detailed in the CIA memo are:
- The CIA Office in Venezuela - Office of Regional Affairs, and Officer Michael Steere
- US Embassy in Venezuela, Ambassador Patrick Duddy
- Office of Defense, Attack and Operations (DAO) at the US Embassy in Caracas and Military Attache Richard Nazario
Venezuelan Political Parties:
- Comando Nacional de la Resistencia
- Accion Democratica
- Primero Justicia
- Bandera Roja
- Alberto Federico Ravell & Globovision
- Interamerican Press Society (IAPA) or SIP in Spanish
- International Press Agencies
- Pena Esclusa
- Guyon Cellis
- Dean of the Simon Bolivar University, Rudolph Benjamin Podolski
- Dean of the Andres Bello Catholic University, Ugalde
- Students: Yon Goicochea, Juan Mejias, Ronel Gaglio, Gabriel Gallo, Ricardo Sanchez
* * * To post, send email to ElectionIntegrity@googlegroups.com. Please review the "Posting Guidelines" page * * * For delivery and suspension options, use the "Edit my membership" link at right.